NEW VISION Section
- Films may participate as long as their production has been completed after January 1, 2016.
- The only eligible category for Hellas Filmbox 2018 is NEW VISION:
- Films considering for NEW VISION COMPETITION can be video art, animation, art films or any audio & visual art form of any duration that expand the cinematic boundaries and enrich the cinematic experience.
- Competition is open to films that are Greek productions and co-productions. International films that deal with a subject, which clearly bears reference to Greece will also be accepted, whereas the filmmaker’s country of origin will not be taken into consideration.
- Already submitted films for the previous editions of HELLAS FILMBOX BERLIN are allowed to be submitted again.
- Films may participate irrespective of their premiere status. Films not available on websites open to the public, as well as German or Berlin premieres will be given priority.
- Eligible are films which can provide the festival with a final print of screening in the formats MOV (ProRes 422HQ) & BLURAY (as a backup).
- HELLAS FILMBOX BERLIN does not take any submission fees.
- HELLAS FILMBOX BERLIN does not pay screening fees.
- HELLAS FILMBOX BERLIN reserves the right to publish information of the films selected, including film excerpts that might be broadcast on television or the internet, as well as the contact info of the director and the producer.
Please send your submission for NEW VISION COMPETITION until November 10, 2017 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject field of your email should be filled in (in Latin characters) as follows:
FILM TITLE (Director’s name,year completed)
e.g.: PSYCHO (Alfred Hitchcock, 1960)
- Attach to your email the following material:
- Entry form, filled in and signed by the director and/or the producer.
Name the file as follows: a. Entry Form_FILM TITLE
- A word document, on which you will have copied a secure screening link (e.g. Vimeo, Youtube etc.) of the film subtitled in English and its password. Please, do not send links that require a download for the screening (such as WeTransfer).
Name the file as follows: b. screening link_FILM TITLE
- A word document, on which you will have copied a short synopsis of the film (max. 100 words) in English, German and Greek language.
Name the file as follows: c. synopsis_FILM TITLE
- A word document, on which you will have copied the director’s biography (max. 100 words) and his/her filmography mentioning title, duration and year of production in English, German and Greek language.
Name the file as follows: d. filmobiography_FILM TITLE
- At least one still of the film. (format: jpeg 300dpi)
- One portrait of the director (format: jpeg 300dpi)
- A complete dialogue list of the film in English and/or (if available) German as a word document.
Name the file as follows: g. dialogue list_FILM TITLE
Incomplete submissions will not be taken into consideration.
For selected films only:
Please send your final screening copy until January 4, 2018 to the following address:
PEPPERMINT WERBUNG BERLIN GMBH
Milastr. 2, 10437 Berlin, Germany
REQUESTED MATERIAL FOR SCREENING
- A screening copy of the film the following format: MOV (422HQ, at least ProRes 422).
- A backup Blu-Ray of the film.
Best New Vision Film